Frequently Asked Questions
a. When creating a mobile keyword, the very last step would be selecting the frequency at which the auto-response message is sent to the contact after he/she texts the keyword to the short code. There are three options you can choose from in this step:
i. Only once per mobile number. If a number is already on the distribution list that is attached to this keyword they will not receive the auto-response message.
ii. Only once every (hour, day, week, month, year). A customer can only receive the auto-response message every hour, day, week, month, or year depending on which one you choose. For example if you select every hour and the customer texts the keyword twice within one hour, they will only receive the auto-response message once.
iii. Every time. No matter how many times the customer texts the keyword, they will get the auto-response message every time.
b. The reason a keyword might not be working when you test it, is because the last step was set to “Only once per mobile number”. Again, if the number is already in the distribution list, you will not receive the auto-response message. We suggest that if you are running test to select “Every time” in the last step. Once testing is complete you can go back into your keyword and change the selection to “Only once per mobile number”.
In compliance to MMA regulations - when an individual opts into a distribution list - the advertiser must provide an estimate of how many messages an individual will receive in a given month.
This will not prevent you to send messages above this threshold value.
The optee will receive a text notification.
"Welcome! Msg Data rates may apply. Up to X# msg/mo. Reply HELP for help. Reply STOP to cancel."
There are two major approaches to building your contact list.
Via the Internet
- - Using our online signup pages (OSP)
- - Using our embedded signup page (eOSP)
- - Facebook Widget
Via Mobile Keywords
- - Normal Type
- - Mobile Voting Type
- - Shuffle Responder Type
Yes, because of the file size that is being sent, there is a cost difference in terms of text credits between SMS and MMS. A regular SMS text blast, which includes simple plain text and up to 160 characters will cost 1 text credit per mobile number it is sent to. A MMS text blast, which includes long text messages (160 characters and more), picture, and video, will cost 3 text credits per mobile number sent to.
Please note - not all US carriers or mobile devices support MMS.
- The text message was sent to a landline. In some cases, consumers may have provided you with their landline number, which is not capable of receiving messages. Therefore to help resolve this situation we highly recommend that all customers use our filter landlines feature which is located under the “Manage Contacts” section. This feature will filter out any landline numbers from the list of phone numbers you upload to the site.
- Carriers are blocking third party messaging from being sent to the phone number. To help resolve this particular situation, the contact must call their phone carrier and asked to have third party messaging be sent to their phone.
- The phone carrier is unsupported. Although we do support all major phone carriers and some smaller ones like Boost and Metro PC, there are some instances where the carrier does not support third party messaging. The same is also true for prepaid phones.
You can import contacts by uploading a CSV (comma separated value) file. Please read the following instructions carefully.
File must be a CSV (comma separated value) file. For instructions on converting an Excel file to a CSV file, please watch our "Import Contacts Advanced tutorial video."
The CSV file should contain 7 columns with header row in the following order: Appointment Date Time, Send Date Time, First Name, Last Name, Mobile Number, Org. Name, and Message. A minimum of one contact information for each record is required but names are optional.
Dashes, parenthesis, commas, apostrophes, quotes, and other special characters are not allowed in any field except in the Date Time field.
Manage Account Questions
No. Unlike our competitors, you are not locked into any contract.
In other words, you can cancel your account with MASSESMobile™ at any time. However, we do offer substantial discounts for those members who are interested in prepaying for 6 to 12 months.